Reviews of the Top 10 Home Insurance Providers
Your home is your most precious asset and you should treat it accordingly. Having the right homeowners insurance policy is tantamount to ensuring your greatest investment remains safe, secure, and, most importantly, properly covered.
- Allstate: Founded in 1931, Allstate sells several different types of insurance, like auto, home, condo, renters, manufactured home, flood, and life. They even offer supplemental health and retirement savings plans. Through Allstate, you have the options to insure your home’s structure and your personal property. Additionally, Allstate offers guest medical insurance if someone were to be injured in your home.
- Metlife: MetLife offers a variety of insurance coverage options. They have available auto, home, disability income, life, long-term care, and even dental insurance. They also have banking and investments available, such as annuities, IRAs, and mutual funds. A MetLife home insurance policy provides coverage on property damage as a result of theft, fire, smoke, and lightning. The policy also provides coverage for items like your clothes, furniture and television, and it includes liability coverage.
- Travelers: Founded in 1864, Travelers provides insurance for auto, home, renters, condo, flood, boat and yacht, as well as wedding and special events. They offer valuable items coverage, and they offer insurance for small- and large-sized businesses. A Travelers homeowner policy can cover damages to your home’s structure, damages to sheds and garages, and damaged or lost personal belongings (regardless if they reside in your home). Their homeowners policy provides you with personal liability and can temporarily supplement your living expenses in the event of a serious illness or property damage.
- State Farm: State Farm has many types of insurance policies to choose from, such as auto, home, renters, condo, motorcycle, and life. State Farm also offers banking with checking and savings accounts, and loans and credit cards. Their homeowners insurance will protect your home and personal property from such hazards as vandalism, theft, ice, wind, fire, and lightning, and it even covers problems incurred from faulty plumbing.
- Farmers: Farmers offers insurance policies for your automobile, home, business, motorcycle, life, and they offer insurance for such recreational vehicles as travel trailers, boats, and ATVs. With Farmers homeowners insurance, your dwelling and other structures, like your garage, as well as your personal property, are covered. They also offer personal liability coverage.
- Liberty Mutual: Liberty Mutual sells car, home, renters, and life insurance. Their homeowners insurance policy covers and protects your home from damages incurred to outside structures, like garages, and it protects your home from damage done by lightning, fire, smoke, theft, vandalism, and any falling objects. It covers and protects your home should your automatic sprinkler system, air conditioning unit or plumbing go haywire.
- Geico: Geico provides a wide array of insurance coverage options. They offer car, home, condo, renters, umbrella, commercial auto, RV, ATV, boat, flood, overseas, and collectibles insurance. Geico’s homeowners insurance policy can protect a broad range of damage done to your home or any outside structures and it can protect personal items, like jewelry, if stolen.
- Progressive: Progressive insurance coverage has several different types to choose from. You can insure your car, home, motorcycle, boat, RV, commercial automobile, health, and even your snowmobile. Progressive’s homeowners insurance covers damage to your dwelling, including any outside structures, like a garage, and it covers your personal property, such as the contents of your home. Progressive’s homeowners insurance also offers liability, medical payments and loss of use, which means Progressive will pay for living expenses should your home be damaged to the point you cannot live in it.
- USAA: USAA insurance will cover your car, home and property, and your life. USAA also has banking available, as well as retirement plans. Their homeowners insurance policy offers a full replacement cost coverage and protection for your belongings, like your furniture and electronics. USAA also offers identity coverage, where they provide coverage up to a certain amount should you be the victim of identity theft.
- Amica Mutual: Amica Mutual offers insurance for your car, home, and life. Basic coverage will protect your home and personal belongings from vandalism, theft, fire, and smoke. They provide liability, and for a little more, Amica will put a higher limit on the coverage of certain valuable items in your home, like your jewelry.